When starting up a Squarespace website as a writer you’ll want to choose a great template. Your website is a great way to attract new fans, especially if you have a good search engine strategy using the right keyword and a great blogging campaign. You can also let your fans know all about your latest books and upcoming plans too.
Why You Would Want a Best Squarespace Template for Writers?
You’re going to want the best template that offers lots of features, the space for a blog, and an about us page. You’ll also want it to work well on all devices. Adding social media buttons can help offer social proof. You might also want to have eCommerce options for selling tickets to book signings or to sell merchandise.
And don’t forget that you want to make sure that your website is easy to rank on Google. The higher you rank on Google, the more traffic you will generate. And this will lead to more revenue.
In this article, we showcase ten of the best Squarespace templates for writers, which one do you think will suit you best?
- A portfolio style so ideal for showcasing the latest writing projects.
- Fully optimized so it will be fast loading on mobiles.
- Add call-to-action buttons for inquiries.
- Use a sticky menu to help with the navigation of your website.
This Squarespace template is in a portfolio box style so ideal for showcasing your writing projects. This app is fast and will load quickly on mobiles and is fully optimized for ranking well on Google and other search engines. The call to action button can encourage people to sign up for your mailing list or to get in contact with you and the sticky menu will aid with website navigation. You can place a hero image, perhaps to showcase your latest novel or project. There are also options to monetize your website.
Sofia Rey – Freelancer Squarespace Template
Sofia Rey – Freelancer Squarespace Template Highlights
- A fully customizable theme.
- An easy-to-edit contact page.
- Add reviews to act as a trust factor as well as social media buttons.
- Simple menu for navigation.
This theme is a fully vibrant and sleek, customizable template and a great way to get people to attend your book signings and events with this template. You can use this theme for eCommerce. It’s a good template for increasing trust with customers by collecting reviews and adding social media buttons. You can write about yourself in the resume section. There is a basic menu to help your visitors navigate your website.
- A great eCommerce template.
- A striking and fully customizable template.
- Write a blog with this template.
- Includes a full-screen slideshow.
This is an eCommerce website so ideal if you plan to sell your novels. You can add products, images, and videos. There is a full-screen slideshow to attract the attention of visitors with photos of your latest novels and writing projects. This template is striking and fully customizable. With this template, you can include a blog which is great for adding keywords to help with your SEO (search engine optimization). You can include lots of information about yourself as a writer and your works.
- A popular, attractive template that will attract new audiences to your books.
- Take payments with ease through the website.
- Add images and videos which are hosted on YouTube.
- Easy to use template, no need to hire a designer for your website.
This is a popular and attractive template that works well for eCommerce to sell your novels. You can also take payments like tickets for events like a book signing. This template will enable you to take payments through your website with ease. It is very easy to add products to this template. You can add images and videos which are hosted on YouTube so they won't affect your website speed. This will also help with your website's ranking on Google and other search engines. And therefore, you can attract more readers for you.
- Ready-made template design, no need to have web design experience.
- Will enable you to quickly build a website without prior knowledge.
- Great for blogging and sharing your writing journey.
- Add call-to-action buttons and link to your social media.
This is a great blogging template that will help you share lots of your news with your fans. Regular blogging can help with your ranking on Google and other search engines, especially if you search for keywords related to your audience. This is a ready-made template that will make it easy for you to quickly build a website. You can add call-to-action buttons and links to social media to add social proof. This is a fast website that will help you run well, reduce your bounce rate and increase conversions. This app can be used for the monetization of your website.
Ready – Freelancer Squarespace Template
Ready – Freelancer Squarespace Template Highlights:
- A sleek, minimalist portfolio theme that is attract and will rank well.
- A hidden menu is on the left-hand side for easy navigation.
- Include a call to action button for inquiries.
- Connect to your customers on social media.
This is a portfolio-style website that will enable you to make a feature of your blog posts about your novels and your journey as a writer. It is a sleek and minimalist theme so you can highlight images you post of your novels. There are call-to-action buttons and you can link to social media to offer visitors to your store social proof. It offers a fast loading time. The hidden menu will aid navigation on the website. You can also take bookings for book signings.
- Ideal if you have a small catalog, like just a few novels.
- Showcase products like your bestsellers.
- Lazy loading to support your website loading speeds.
- Can increase conversions, improving your revenues.
This template will work for authors who have a small catalog of novels or books they have written. There is a quick view option so website visitors can have a quick look at your novels without leaving your main page. Lazy loading of your webpage will help with website speed and ranking on Google and other search engines. This template can help you increase your conversion rate.
- Lots of features on this template.
- A blog section to write about your novels.
- Customize this template with ease.
- Sell tickets for author events.
This great template offers lots of features, including the ability to sell tickets for events you are running like a book signing. You can have a blog to share your writing journeys and tell your readers all about your new books. This is a customizable template to help you rank higher.
Avenue – Portfolio Squarespace Template
Avenue – Portfolio Squarespace Template Highlights:
- A minimalist template that is ideal for selling tickets to your author's events.
- Include high-quality eye-catching images.
- A simple and popular template.
- Use the right keywords and marketing to rank highly.
This popular minimalist template, with a basic design, is ideal for selling tickets to events like book signings and readings you are holding. You can also sell merchandise related to your novels via the template with eCommerce capabilities. You can include eye-catching images and this template will also help you rank well on Google and other search engines with the right keywords.
- A striking template with a white background.
- Video can be a great way to increase interest in your novels.
- Get people to join your mailing list.
- Include call-to-action buttons.
This template is ideal for having a striking template as a writer with a white background to showcase all the images of your work. With the right keywords and search engine strategy for a blog, you have the potential to rank highly on Google and other search engines. You can add videos to increase interest in your novels, perhaps reading extracts from them. There are lots of options for monetizing your websites. There are call-to-action buttons that you can use to get people to sign up for your mailing list. There is a scrolling effect as well and you can add a
banner to the homepage.
Final Word: The 10 Best Squarespace Templates for Writers
As a writer, you’re going to want to have a great template for your website to showcase all your novels and your writing news. You might want eCommerce options to sell merchandise and call-to-action buttons to get your fans to get in contact with you. Social buttons can also help to offer social proof. You’ll also want a fast-loading website to help with your search engine ranking. Which one will you choose? Let us know in the comments.